09 September 2009

Not Giving Up

Here it is, what I hope to be a turning point in my life and/or my attitude toward it. I’m not ready to give up on me yet. I’ve got balls – figuratively speaking, though I wish my boyfriend’s balls were within reasonable proximity but that’s a whole other issue. I don’t need to listen to anyone who says I can’t do it. That’s bullshit and its about freakin’ time I call them on it and prove them wrong.

I’ve got brains, talent, and a face for radio – but luckily a voice for it, too. I’m finally ready to get into podcasting. I’ve got to get my ideas on paper, script them, scrutinize them, then record. I need to find interesting topics, guests, sponsors – none of which are intimidating because I know I can do this. I want to feature locals, though I also want to have a global reach. It will be entertaining, educational, and I get to set the rules.

I’m likely not going to make millions doing podcasts. I realize this. In fact, I don’t even have any start-up capital. I do have the equipment and the drive which is a pretty decent start. I know I’ll need some money if I wish to have music on the program and in order to get proper business permits and such. For that, I have some other business ideas.

I absolutely love dogs and have a lot of experience walking and caring for them. I don’t have one of my own but I consider my parents’ dog, Mocha, mine. She’s my girl. I got her aquainted with the neighbour dogs and now they’re great friends. I have sort of a natural talent with dogs. They listen to me and respect me. I love hanging out with them and seeing their unique personalities. So I’m thinking I should start an actual business caring for dogs when people go on vacation or even while they’re at work. I’d love to learn and become a certified dog trainer but again funds are limited and there’s nothing local. I could take a correspondence course but I don’t really want to learn by reading about it. Plus, I lack the discipline. I prefer to get in there and get the instant reaction from the dog. That’s the whole point.

Another business idea I have is to meet up with people for coffee or whatever just to chat. This would be a great service for people new in town or seniors or people who just don’t get out much. Definitely not a dating service at all! Some people are just too busy to meet people or just don’t know what’s available locally. This way, they get a personal tour guide or someone to just bitch to about having a bad day or whatever. Not everyone can afford a therapist, nor do they want one. Some people just need an objective point of view on things and sometimes even friends won’t give them one. This idea really has legs, I think. I’ve got a name and everything – even a preliminary website. There’s a niche market for it.

I’m also looking into other career options as any or all of the above would likely only afford part-time work and/or income at best to start. I’m looking into taking first aid and then possibly an EMR course.

No comments:

Post a Comment